You thought I wouldn't be too tired today, BUT JOKE'S ON YOU, I AM!
Mostly cause I didn't really have the time to update this before, sorry. I'll try for sometime this week. But yeah, the day just kind of... got away from me with all the stuff I'd been doing.
1) Made some MORE phone calls re: Conquest because I wanted to make sure it was actually available before I got it. WHen I called it wasn't, but when they called it was. So I got conquest, huzzah!
2) Made even MORE MORE phone calls about the latest Sonic comic, which I missed due to accidentally renewing my subscription too late. Everyone local was out of stock, so I had to buckle down and order it online, paying twice what it actually costs due to shipping (le sigh). But I still actually DID IT instead of continuing to put it off, so a downer but stil and accomplishment.
3) I made just about 6 hours of work on CMC today! Not the 8 hours I hoped for, but still! 6 hours is a lot when previously it's usually been 0-4, closer to 0. 4+ will be breaking that down some.
4) Wrote a lot of organization stuff that should have been done earlier but wasn't due to the excitement of beta. Woops. But it's done now, so *tick*, mark it off the list of things to get done
5) Did a lot of beta related stuff.
6) Made a few UI suggestions. I have a thread devoted to how I'd improve the UI in various areas of the site, and I'm hopingI can get to the point where I can impliment them myself, as making GUIs is actually fun,despite my not having a great sense of aesthetics. It's odd that I think I have a good sense for UIs regardless of poor general aesthetics, though... so maybe I'm just able to recall what I consider to be good UI especially well? I dunno, I'm sure there's some explanation. And I'm pretty sure it's not "I actually suck at UI," despite occam's razor =P
7) I got a decent start into conquest... Hey, a guy's gotta take breaks! I played maybe 3-3.5 hours of conquest compared to the 6 hours of work I did, so that's not too bad, right?!?
relatedly, Ultros directed me towards this: http://gottcode.org/kapow/
which should hopefully help me keep track of my CMC hours better. Awesome stuff