I AM the Emperor of all Weirdoes|
[Most Recent Entries]
Below are the 20 most recent journal entries recorded in
E Bugle's LiveJournal:
[ << Previous 20 ]
[ << Previous 20 ]
|Monday, March 13th, 2017|
Looks like this account was hacked. This has now been remedied.
|Friday, May 31st, 2013|
|Saturday, September 8th, 2012|
So, an update to the previous emofest: I'm currently planning out a 6-session minimum adventure to run for Phif solo (he has a lackey too, so it's not 100% solo, but still) which will hopefully help with both the "Creative juices geared towards a different project" bit and the "boy do I need to do something social with someone else" bit.
It's going to feature a castle. In the sky. Weeeee!
I don't care if that's been done to death, it's a classic for a reason. And it won't ALL be castle. The first 4 areas won't be in the castle at all! But still in the sky.
I am kind of excited because I will be playing with new monsters and it's always fun to come up with interesting combos for them.
|Friday, September 7th, 2012|
I've been in a funk the last... month or so. Off and on. August once again chewed me up and spat me back out. Next year, August, enxt year I'll beat you, I swear it!
But I think a big portion of it is actually that I'm burning out on CMC. So I think for the time being, I'm going to spend one day a other creative projects. Probably monday. And I may take most of next week just due to this burn out.
I'm thinking I'll mostly work on F&M summore. And maybe some Elementia.
In other news, I recently got Guild Wars 2 and, despite having a lot of fun with it initially, I am just feeling burned out on -that- too. I don't even know why, but I have little desire to actually play it any more. Every time I try, I go "no, I don't actually feel like playing this, do I?" So yeah...
I think I need to play more social games (I'd been soloing in GW2 and haven't really said anything so it hasn't been social so far, which may be the problem). But that's hard being an introvert with few local friends and online friends who seem to want to do other things most of the time. I just don't know. Maybe I'll try and DM again. Even if I'm just DMing for Phif.
Speaking of, i was invited to a D&D game back in February, which still hasn't even started =| I have no idea what's going on there.
Ugh, I just... UGH! I don't even know what I want to say, I just... I don't know! It's frustrating! I thought making an LJ post would help, but it's actually... not. For whatever reason. That just bugs me more.
I've been reading a lot of comics lately, though. Which is fun. Both new and old. And the old is sometimes depressing cause its reminiscent of the most fun I had with webcomics (the first 2-3 years since I discovered them in 2002). But I've gone into that rant before and don't really feel like going into it again.
I'm kind of just typing for the sake of typing now, so I'll end it. Here's hoping working on different projects for a bit will help me get out of this funk. Later folkses.
|Friday, August 17th, 2012|
|i.o.u 1 LJ entry
Good news is, I'm feeling better. It took a couple days, but sometimes depression is like that.
|Tuesday, August 14th, 2012|
|Sunday, July 29th, 2012|
|I take it back
Getting called in to work early, so I'll likely want to try and kill everyone I meet today =| No chance of talking about the good things.
Everyone's on vacation next week, so I get 5 days. -again-. LE SIGH At least they're only 6 hour shifts so I won't be as tired, but still... My mojo is being thrown off.
Thursday I made 7.5 hours again (for much the same reason: didn't want to start a new project with just .5 hours remaining). Friday I made just over 4 =\ I was just so out of it yesterday, it sucked. I tried to wake up early today to get some done, but I couldn't sleep and that just didn't happen. Maybe tomorrow/tonight (if I can't sleep again but also stop feeling meh).
I don't feel up to making accomplishments for those days. The whammy of getting 5 days -again- just took a lot out of me =| Add to that my problems with trying to preorder Guild Wars 2 (it claims my card is invalid no matter what I do, and it's very not), and I just... ugh. I'm just not in a very good mood. Even though there are a few things going on that should make it better.
Maybe I'll talk about those tomorrow.
|Thursday, July 26th, 2012|
Didn't really do much outside of work and watch Drew Carey's Improviganza.
I feel much better now that I'm working on CMC again.
1) 7.5 hours. I just finished one task at 7.5 and didn't really want to begin another with just half an hour to go, so ended it there. Seems logical, if a bit disappointing.
2) Beat a Grow game I hadn't before. Never plaayed the Grow games? Go check out www.eyemaze.com for some really cool puzzle games!
3) Sent a text inquiring about Red Ladder. No response =(
|Wednesday, July 25th, 2012|
|Yay, accomplishments are back!
I'm finally out of sick and/or constantly working so constantly tired land, so accomplishments return! Yay!
And I got to work again today! AWESOME! I also had multiple important conversations to help people work through things, so that's good too. I won't go into those terribly in depth as they're moderately personal, but accomplishments will have a summary
1) Made 5.3 hours. Which, while not 8, is not bad for the first day after an accidental 2 week vacation. I also got up really late, so that helped keep it low. Also, what I was working on today was very stressful, so 5 hours is actually pretty good, all things considered!
2) Helped talk someone through a problem they were having with our work environment in CMC. They haven't come to a conclusive decision with regards to their problem, but they've also got more information as to what decision they'll make.
3) Talked with someone else I really needed to a long time ago cause we've both been getting kind of snippy at each other. The talk started poorly, but ended up well, so overall a good thing.
4) Relearned there are two sides to a story and sometimes it's best not to form an opinion if you don't know everything (which I absolutely do not)
5) Remembered something I can't talk about here, but hey, I did it so it still counts!
|Saturday, July 21st, 2012|
|Brief accomplishments post
Woooooo, we finished making The Box (first draft)! Huzzah!
Also, less an accomplishment, more something to celebrate: shifts at work are being cut to 6 hours, which means, of course, that I'll be a LOT less tired and have a LOT more time to work on CMC stuff \o/
|Saturday, July 14th, 2012|
So, I got attacked by allergies this week and just didn't feel like updating Monday, and that kinda... continued. I'll probably also not be doing accomplishments until the week after next, just cause I have 4 days of work in a row starting tomorrow, and 7 in the next 9 days.
So basically i'll be too tired to think of anything, or even care.
I'm actually annoyed with my boss cause she asked if she could give me ONE extra day and I said yes, and she gave me two =| And she gave them to me on the days I actually asked off =| SIGH, MANAGERS! Oh wait, I'm a manager... SIGH, INCOMPETENT MANAGEMENT!
Anyway, as a kind of accomplishment for the week in general, aside from getting hit by allergies and not working on accomplishments or CMC stuff, Rob got in touch with me and wants to put together a new "Box." "The Box" as we call it, is what MtG players commonly call "The Cube" and it's basically a collection of really power cards for the purpose of drafting. We had an old one, but Rob sold it cause none of our crowd was into MtG at the time, and none of us really are any more, but drafting a bunch of proxies sounds just fine.
It's been fun putting it back together, and the two of us have got through everything but multicolour (as a first pass), so huzzah, only 120 cards left to go! I'd go into details about stuff, but I honestly doubt you guys care.
There was a meeting today for CMC, which is why we didn't finish multicolour, but oh well. We'll figure something out eventually.
Anyway, sleep. And then 7 days of hell (probably gonna be 8) with two brief respites.
|Saturday, July 7th, 2012|
|I'm tired, so I'm keeping this short
It was my Mom's birthday today!
We went to T.G.I Friday's (I'd never been there before), which is freaking expensive and the pasta I got was not worth what my parents had to pay for it =| That's what I get for buying pasta at an expensive restaurant that wasn't of the Italian variety. Shoulda got a burger... oh well.
Anyway, after that, we saw Braveheart. I'd never seen it before (because my mom wanted me to see it on the Big screen, so was holding off on it). It was pretty good!
1) Did birthday stuff for my mom!
2) Finished the rewording project (well, part 1 of many)
3) GOT MY 32 HOURS IN ONE WEEK, WOOOOOOOOOOO! I AM THE GREATEST! Now that I did that, I can do it any week! Yeah! Okay, there will probably be some that I don't quite manage to for some reason or another, but I think I'll be able to pull it off (or close to it) rather reliably. Here's hoping!
|Friday, July 6th, 2012|
1) Did 1000 cards on the rewording! WOO!
2) 8 hours, once again! that's 24 this week! 1 more day, and I'll hit max hours (32)! LET'S GO!
In other news, outside of working a lot, my life is boring =|
|Thursday, July 5th, 2012|
|2 for 2!
1) 8 hours 2 days in a row! KEEP IT UP, ME!
2) Got 100 cards into a huge rewording/ordering of abilities project. there's 1336 cards so far, so there's a LOT more ground to cover, but 100's a great start. And yes, we're aware of the the number.
|Wednesday, July 4th, 2012|
|THree days of accomplishments this time!
3 days, wee...
Sunday: Ugh, I don't even know. I can't think of anything now, and couldn't then either.
1) Beat boss 4 in Imperishable Night (Touhou), so I can practice the 4th stage now (something I guess...)
2) Didn't die at work? Ugh... This feels like such a cop out answer now...
1) Didn't blow up despite a lot of very little things going wrong, thus making it a very annoying day most of the day at work.
2) Role played a scene from F&M with myself at work. Totally going to be an awesome scene, if I ever get to writing that.
1) Went to the dentist and was told my teeth that are on watch are improving! Okay, technically this is an accomplishment over a series of days that add up to about 6 months, but still, I didn't KNOW about it until today
2) Wrote all the F&M stuff I thought up over the weekend down so I won't forget it (was too tired after work all these days)
3) Fixed my first bug in the CMC code today
4) GOT 8 HOURS ON A TUESDAY! YEAH! I think my body is finally starting to adjust to this whole "Work all the time, never stop" plan I'm telling it to do. I'm hoping to hit 32 hours this week.
|Saturday, June 30th, 2012|
|I kinda feel like I shouldn't even both updating on retail days...
But I should stay in the habit.
1) Thought a lot about an F&M character I only thought up yesterday. She'll actually be surprisingly important for a few stories! Awesome!
2) Got through the day? Ugh, I don't even do anything important on retail days, it's hard to think up stuff.
|Failure! Or is it?
I only got 3 hours in today! p_q
Though really, it's not entirely my fault. The 3 major things I wanted to do today were all unavailable for some reason or another, so I couldn't really work on them.
Though not working all day made the summer depression hit, oi. Yeah, it's definitely there, but I think the burying myself in work thing is absolutely helping, so I'm going to keep at it.
So yeah, today was an off day, but... On the other hand, kind of humbling in a good way. I can't always expect to put in a full day, and off days do happen. So it's kind of good this happened so early. Sure, last week ended on a 5 hour day, but that still passes my 4 hour benchline I'd been trying to do minimum.
And I still did 25 hours total this week! Not quite the 26 I did last week, but still comprable! And I'm trying to do a minimum of 24 a week, so still a success, just not on a daily meter for today.
And it's not like 3 hours is a bad investment.
So it kinda sucks, but oh well! I'm still new at this, and for a second week it's still pretty awesome. Here's hoping week 3 is also awesome.
1) I helped Guin with a few important parts in his book!
2) I kept my sister entertained on the phone while she was driving home and just needed someone to talk to.
|Friday, June 29th, 2012|
So, we had a meeting today! And it... surprisingly wasn't absurdly long! Not even 4 hours! They usually take longer, with one taking about EIGHT. Ugh, that one was rough.
Naturally, i can't really talk about what goes on in the meetings, but hey, it happened! I'm getting the hang of this manager thing.
1) Oversaw a meeting!
2) Made my 8 hours! 2 days in a row, woo!
3) Did a lot of organization stuff that needed done. Again.
|Wednesday, June 27th, 2012|
|Updates are pretty boring when all I did is work
Yeah... I guess I also succeeded in conquering another nation the turn after the previous one in Conquest, but that's not terribly noteworthy.
1) Got just under 8 hours again, woo!
2) Organized a lot of stuff that needed organizing, and pointed out that past us was pretty dumb in a few spots.
3) Gave a friend advice on how to handle a situation, which ended up being the right advice
4) Encouraged Phif to test some more of Beta (he wants to be a professional tester, so I feel encouraging him to do so while he has the chance is a good idea.